3/26/2010

The first chair model

Perhaps, Ames is best known for constructing illusions of visual perception, most notably the Ames room and the Ames window. 

The lady face is me, when i chat about Ames chair with my a artist friend who drew this picture for helps me to understand the principle.  
 

2: See the picture from slope view,the face becomes my real shape... Not so fact like that..

At the beginning I thought the Ames chair was three-dimensional, because the picture is not clear and the explanation somewhat vague but after reflecting I realised it was bi-dimensional. Based on the picture of the Ames chair, I drew some drafts to make model.




I used drinking straws, thread and putty to make the model. It’s like a magic when I finished and check it from bottom view.
My next plan is make more this kind of models for develop Ames idea, more special and interesting.

   

没有评论:

发表评论

关注者