3/26/2010

The first chair model

PerhapsAmes is best known for constructing illusions of visual perception, most notably the Ames room and the Ames window. 

The lady face is me, when i chat about Ames chair with my a artist friend who drew this picture for helps me to understand the principle.  
 

2: See the picture from slope view,the face becomes my real shape... Not so fact like that..

At the beginning I thought the Ames chair was three-dimensional, because the picture is not clear and the explanation somewhat vague but after reflecting I realised it was bi-dimensional. Based on the picture of the Ames chair, I drew some drafts to make model.




I used drinking straws, thread and putty to make the model. It’s like a magic when I finished and check it from bottom view.
My next plan is make more this kind of models for develop Ames idea, more special and interesting.

   

没有评论:

发表评论

关注者